Electrical Senior Designer - 014, Garland
Company: Benchmark Group
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Electrical Senior Designer - 014, Garland
- General Information
- Job Title:Electrical Senior Designer - 014
- 1601 Elm Street
- Garland, TX, 75043
- United States
- Employee Type:Full Time
- Contact information
- Name:Sharon Cox
- Email: THIS EMAIL
- Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes for design including
negotiations with AHJs.
- Lead team in data collections or field verifications including
code calls, scope trips, and other items as needed.
- Communicate with team members, program manager(s), other
disciplines and outside vendors and Clients through multiple media
to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Help identify potential risks/issues during project life
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in
collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Make independent recommendations and decisions on procedures
used during design process; communicate these decisions with other
members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related
materials such as reports and travel packets, including
stamping/signing/packaging of documents as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable
- Lead and implement process improvement activities to maintain
- Perform high-level/specialized design on a variety of projects
in multiple programs.
- Oversee, prepare, and possibly approve design calculations
prepared by other Staff.
- Produce a variety of project documents for multiple project
types & programs based on general guidelines set by Client and
Senior Staff with minimal supervision.
- Perform special investigations or oversee design regarding some
- Provide technical training, guidance, and oversight to
designers within specific programs/disciplines. (includes
development & interpretation of guidelines set by Client & Sr.
Staff and Staff mentoring)
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to project
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFI`s, bid
questions, submittal reviews, and set-up Change Orders as
- Perform quality control of documents prepared by other
designers and/or other disciplines by reviewing them for accuracy
and scope of work, in addition to review of shop drawings,
submittals and other multi-discipline coordination, as
- Review and/or edit specifications within project requirements
in collaboration with the Senior Staff. (Includes
coordinating/confirming specific, specialty, or complex
items/systems in the specifications.)
- May serve as back-up to Senior Management.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Designers.
- Serve as Discipline Subject Matter Expert.
- Assist with on-going Client Relationship Management. Skills and
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks,
set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting
relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and
confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and
organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail
- Leader whose honesty and integrity provide for effective
leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
- Handle confidential matters properly. Working
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Requirements Minimum Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor`s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
from an accredited college or university and 5 year work experience
in the Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- 9 years of work experience in the Electrical field or
Electrical design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the
Electrical field or related and 7 years work experience in the
Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered in
place of a degree. Preferred
- Applicable work experience with Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in
[healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches,
hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
- SummaryHighly skilled, experienced Electrical Designer that has
extensive experience and competence in the Electrical discipline.
This position is capable of specialized design for multiple program
groups, handling multiple project types, while understanding the
technical requirements of the discipline. Displays leadership
skills necessary to mentor and develop Junior Staff to meet Client
Keywords: Benchmark Group, Rogers , Electrical Senior Designer - 014, Garland, Professions , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!