Personal Banker I $21hr
Company: UNIFY Financial Credit Union
Posted on: November 17, 2023
As a Member Service Specialist, you'll help UNIFY's credit union
members safeguard their assets!
At UNIFY, you matter and are supported, because your success is
integral in the overall success of the team and experience of our
Our members are the priority. As a Credit Union we are not driven
by profit margins and stock prices (like other financial
We are all about making sure that our members get the knowledge and
assistance they need. The Member Service Specialists work directly
with members to do just that!
Daily, you will
- Listen to understand members' needs.
- Resolve member issues regarding their existing financial
products (checking, savings, credit cards, loans, etc.).
- Provide solutions based on training and available
- Build upon concepts and become a trusted expert.
- Have passion to help and compassion to understand.
- Work in various platforms within the branch. What you will get
- Competitive pay: Base wage starts at $21 per hour.
- A clearly defined career path with promotion opportunities
based on your performance.
- Three weeks of job-preparedness training
- A leadership team committed to motivation and a positive
- A culture of inclusivity, belonging and fairness
- Health benefits, PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and health
and wellness incentives
- Bilingual and weekend hourly pay differential, where
applicable. What we need from you:
- Passion for helping people and an empathetic ear to our
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to grow.
- Ability to build relationships with credit union members and
- Willingness to make outbound follow-up calls to credit union
- Ability to change in daily tasks, procedures, and
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience, including ability to type documentation
while listening and engaging. Overview:
UNIFY Financial Credit Union is one of the nation's largest 100
credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound and
growth-oriented. We're expanding rapidly to meet the needs of a
growing member base. At UNIFY, our team members work together to
strive toward a common goal, "providing superior service to our
members." In doing so, we promote a culture where your ideas
matter, your growth matters, and you matter. We encourage all team
members to challenge and encourage themselves and their teammates
to work smarter and to be more successful
The Member Service Specialist is a key branch team member that will
perform both service and sales activities.
MSS's will identify opportunities and take actions to expand our
memberships, shares and consumer loan growth, through outbound
calling, profiling members and generating internal referrals. MSS's
will also enhance existing relationships with credit union members
in the branch by identifying financial needs and recommending
convenient, efficient, and thoughtful financial solutions. This
role will assist our members with products, including Consumer
loans, general inquiries, recommending self-service technologies,
and processing standard credit union transactions such as deposits
and check cashing as needed.
Successful candidates should have a working knowledge of sales and
member service practices and procedures in a financial
The anticipated rate of pay for this role is $21 per hour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to new and existing member inquiries, facilitates
opening of accounts and recommends related Credit Union products
and services based on a financial needs analysis.
- Manage assigned member base and proactively uncover additional
financial needs through referrals and outbound
- Proactively seeks, develops and maintains new business through
outbound calling, internal referrals, interviews with new and
existing members, and service calls to prospective employer groups;
resulting in membership growth, shares, consumer loans.
- Performs functions related to Consumer loans, including
accepting loan applications, application processing and funding,
while following lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Records daily quality conversations with members and creates
new member profiles. Inputs new membership accounts accurately and
efficiently using established Credit Union policies and procedures.
Maintains profiles to meet members' future needs by conducting
financial needs analysis.
- Implements, supports, and monitors product campaigns at
branches. Ensures Branch goals are met, anticipates obstacles, and
strong strategy methods to optimize results.
- Assists in the development of best practices and sales
strategies by participating in training calls, conference calls,
and other in branch meetings. Communicates this information and
educates team members to promote group learning and maximize
- Develops and maintains relationships with our Investment,
Insurance, and Mortgage business partners to maximize referral
opportunities and achieve sales and service standards.
- May conduct informal sales presentations to new and existing
Select Employer Groups and Co-op groups to generate business.
- Processes member transactions e.g. receiving and disbursing
funds, posting deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, cash advances,
and processing mail transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Assists members with complex issues, initiating research,
working with others to resolve and keeping the member
- Balances cash drawer, negotiable instruments, and daily work at
the end of each workday, including encoding and proofing checks for
item processing, according to Credit Union balancing
- Participates in the opening and closing of the branch and may
oversee operations in the absence of the manager.
- Is an advocate and subject matter expert on digital banking
options for members.
- Becomes a Notary Public to service member needs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned. Required Skills
- Knowledge of features and benefits of Credit Union products and
services in order to solicit, explain, and discuss with members.
This information may be acquired through on-the-job and formal
- Knowledge of sales training programs and ability to execute on
these to fulfill members needs and train members of the sales team.
Information relating to specific Credit Union programs may be
acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Strong communication skills (written and orally) and effective
interpersonal skills to coach and train co-workers and deliver
- Strong customer/member service skills.
- Ability to analyze member's financial needs and provide related
information and/or data to demonstrate the benefits.
- Work under intensive and competing deadlines. Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of
six months customer service, or sales experience, preferably within
a financial institution.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills,
sales skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Requires lending certification or the willingness and aptitude
to gain certification within three months of hire
See the UNIFY Difference!
At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued contributor.
Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a positive and
rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY provides a
work environment which promotes learning, growth, and the
opportunity for team members to challenge themselves.
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package*
Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision, Life,
and Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Dependent and Medical Care - Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
401(K) Plan with employer match
Education reimbursement for approved programs
UNIFY banking privileges for you and your family
*All programs subject to review and change
UNIFY is proud to be a drug-free, EOE including disability/vets.
For more information on UNIFY, visit us at www.unifyfcu.com
Keywords: UNIFY Financial Credit Union, Rogers , Personal Banker I $21hr, Other , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!