Team Lead, Hunting
Company: Bass Pro Shops
Posted on: May 12, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Group Sales or
Department Manager, the Team Leader gives daily direction to the
associates in one of the departments within the store, to include:
merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales
enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross
Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
Provide daily direction to the associates within the
Prepare to-do / Task lists.
Execute all merchandising directives.i.e. "Top 25 list", "Extreme
Savings" items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the
Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
Assist the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the
department with "service" oriented associates; participates in
interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates
training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of
performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and
motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a
productive team-oriented work environment.
Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR
Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves
better than Company average customer service results (surveys,
secret shops, etc.).
Remains Product "expert" through ongoing product knowledge
training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all "Special Events";
maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper
assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and
pricing of all advertised items.
Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities
in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws,
including: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and
directing work, measuring and evaluating performance, addressing
complaints and resolving problems, maintaining a positive,
harassment free working environment for all associates
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time
by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- identifying and evaluating customers' needs
- making product recommendations based off of this
- promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB
Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
- Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-4 years in Retail Sales / Supervision experience is a
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions and percentages.
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data
based management and electronic point of sale and inventory
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish
and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers,
associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will
be required to:
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands
- Constantly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of
the work assigned
- Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects
up to 20 pounds, occasionally move and lift objects up to 100
pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools,
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions
are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and certain state or local laws. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order
to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an
e-mail to HR Compliance at email@example.com and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information.
Bass Pro Shops
Keywords: Bass Pro Shops, Rogers , Team Lead, Hunting, Other , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!