If youre passionate and committed to the culinary craft and are
looking for that work-life balance that youve heard so much about,
we may be your new home. Primrose Retirement Communities are
currently in 19 states with over 40 properties. We are dedicated to
our residents quality of life. Through the kitchen you will have
the ability to influence their state of mind and the joy they feel
every day. This responsibility is held in high regards and
essential from our chefs. Creativity and the willingness to adapt
to our residents needs is a must.
Able to perform designated work and cleaning routines for the
dietary/kitchen department. Overall supervision and
responsibilities of Kitchen duties and staff including menu
planning, food orders, staff training and managing work
* Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensil
supplies and equipment assigned by the Manager or Owners.
* Follow established reporting protocol:
* Inform manager of supply and equipment needs.
* Any damaged fixtures, equipment, or repair needs.
* Unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
* Any conditions conducive to controlling insects, rodents or
* Attend scheduled staff meetings
* Work a rotating weekend schedule
* Attend any in-service educational programs recommended by the
* Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
Documentation of water, refrigerator and freezer temperatures
required by the state. Responsibility and making sure all state
Policies are followed
* Follow all Infection Control procedures
* Understand facility's fire and disaster plans and follow
established procedures during drills and actual emergencies
* Be knowledgeable of all federal, state, and facility's rules,
regulations, and policies and procedures
* Perform any other duties or special assignments as directed by
the Manager of Dietary Manager and/or other management
* Making sure all meal counts are done and followed each week
and recorded correctly.
* Education: High School diploma preferred.
* Experience: One (1) to Two (2) years previous institutional
dietary service preferred.
* Aptitude: Ability to read, write, understand and follow
written and oral instructions to follow recipe directions and diet
orders and work assignment
* Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent
* Able to handle a busy environment.
* Supervisor responsibilities over all employees. Able to give
direction and proper training of kitchen staff
* Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and
proper measuring for food preparation. Proper measuring for
chemicals and cleaning agents.
* Previous experience in menu preparation and ordering of
* Motor coordination and manual dexterity is required for
various work routines such as preparing food items, serving meal
trays, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and
cleaning work area
* Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as willingness
to pick up shifts for ill calls.
Physical Demands: Must be able to reach, stoop, bend, carry and
manipulate various food items. Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50
lbs., using proper body mechanics or available equipment to help.
Physical activity required throughout the shift.
* Exposure to temperature and humidity changes in the kitchen
such as: the area near or around the ovens, refrigeration, ranges,
dish washing machines.
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal opportunity