Charge Nurse (RN)
Company: Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: September 18, 2023
RN Charge Nurse $15,000 Sign On
Day & Night Shift Availability Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital is a
state-of-the-art, 36-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital
dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have
experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized
treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer
customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs
of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological
conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic
injury. Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the
health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through
comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs JOB
SUMMARY: The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse who works in
coordination with nursing leadership. The Charge Nurse is the first
line support for staff, physicians and other related providers on
clinical issues and provides assessment, prioritization and
direction of activities to meet the challenging demands of the
hospital units. Following the direction of the Chief Nursing
Officer, he or she assumes accountability for fostering the
established professional practice and care delivery models through
directing, coaching and mentoring the nursing staff. The Charge
Nurse implements unit specific strategies as well as colleague
specific practice remediation that results in achieving specific
clinical quality and patient safety outcomes. This role also
collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer on clinical development
(employee relations, individual behaviors, physician relationships,
etc.) and is the clinical support for the department when the Chief
Nursing Officer is unavailable. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Completes routine audits to assure accurate and timely
documentation in Cerner and UDS in order to meet compliance
Assists the Nurse Manager in annual evaluations by providing
feedback on clinical performance.
- Identifies educational opportunities for the nursing staff
based on clinical needs identified and verbalized by nursing
- Educates and monitors all staff regarding accurate and complete
QI documentation to capture accurate burden of care.
- Assists in QI education for licensed nursing staff.
- Acts as key player in daily stand up clinical meeting to
communicate/identify patient status.
- Acts as a clinical resource and mentor for nurses in caring for
medically complex patients in the facility.
- Assists nursing staff with patient/family teaching needs.
Coordinates educational resources to help decrease readmissions to
acute care hospital within 30 days of discharge.
- Provides UDS documentation/orientation training for all new
licensed nursing personnel.
- Conducts scheduled remediation sessions for nursing staff with
identified documentation deficiencies.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of
patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Assures and assists with nursing participation in
interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Assists in making nursing staff assignments, based on patient
acuity and competency for staff.
- Adheres to staffing matrix
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- May need to take a partial or full assignment based on staffing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited registered nurse program with current
licensure in the state, BSN preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required. (ACLS for TX)
- Mandatory child and adult abuse certificate required
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- Minimum of two years of experience in rehabilitative or acute
care setting and/or demonstrates leadership ability.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct
activities of clinical personnel; effective oral and written
communication skills, in English with additional languages
preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required. by
Keywords: Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital, Rogers , Charge Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!