Company: Everest Rehabilitation Hospital NWA
Posted on: May 14, 2022
$5,000 Sign on BonusSUMMARY:The Physical Therapist is
responsible for the assessment of referred patients, ranging in age
from 18 years to geriatric who are experiencing rehabilitation
diagnosis or conditions requiring rehabilitation. Responsible to
provide direct patient care to assess their medical condition,
functional capabilities and limitations and restrictions and
potential for rehabilitation. To establish and administer a
treatment program with specific goals determined according to the
patient's capacity and tolerance under the direction of the
Physician. Educates patients and families in appropriate physical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May include, but is not
limited to the following:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each key function satisfactorily
based on overall skills categories; assessment, planning,
intervention, evaluation and teaching/coaching. Each category will
be assessed on performance measurements of appropriateness,
efficiency, effectiveness and timeliness. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
key functions.Job Function:
- Complete Initial and regular patient assessment and
reassessment. Perform screening and assessment in timely manner.
Document outcomes and interpretation of data. Communicate
interpretation to Physician and interdisciplinary team. Initiate
plan of care with expected outcomes.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement treatment plan as prescribed by
physician Administers appropriate physical agent; provide training,
education, and fittings with patient and family members; report
both oral and written regarding patient progress and
- Evaluate care interventions and their effect on outcome,
document progress and variances to expected outcomes. Participate
in plan of care of patient in collaboration with interdisciplinary
team and physician. Provide ongoing patient/family education.
Participates in monitoring customer perceptual outcomes and
addresses as appropriate.
- Complete documentation of assessment, reassessment and
treatment plans in the medical record. Compliant with the
value-focused documentation of patients' plan of care and
- Perform regular checks on patients and equipment. Maintain
clean and safe equipment and environment.
- Assist with daily assignments to Physical Therapist Assistants
and Rehabilitation Techs.
- Participate in performance improvement activities in department
and hospital wide. Collect and analyze data. Maintain quality
control of all rehab equipment.
- Remain current with literature related to departments for which
responsible and maintain an updated methodology, tools, manuals and
criteria as necessary and appropriate. Attends all required
- Supports employee and patient education to enhance knowledge,
skills, and necessary behaviors to achieve quality outcome
- Demonstrates and understands the importance of and respect for
the rights, dignity, and individuality of each patient in all
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of
patients by complying with hospital policies.
- Ability to carry out essential functions of this position (with
or without reasonable accommodation).
- Promote the philosophy, mission and objectives of the Company
within and to customers outside the hospital.
- Demonstrates satisfactory level of interpersonal skills to
interact with facility and medical staff and Administration,
patients, families, customers, vendors and government
- Assure participation in relevant in-service training sessions,
facility meetings and continuing educational opportunities
appropriate to responsibilities.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in care and use
of patient and hospital property.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and
compete duties within allotted time.
- Appropriately accesses the resources of the company's corporate
offices for consultation and program development support. Seeks out
external resources through conferences, workshops, etc. as
necessary. Shares professional knowledge with staff, directors,
managers and hospital personnel.
- Participate in hospital wide patient safety program identifying
risks to patient safety and reducing healthcare errors.
- Comply with HIPAA regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.EducationGraduate of a school
for Physical Therapy. Bachelor's degree required.
License/CertificationCurrent license for Physical Therapist in
state of practice. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through the
American Heart Association. Both license and certification must
maintain current throughout employment.
ExperienceMust be able to work a rotating weekend schedule.
Previous in-patient rehab facility and supervision of L.P.T.A.
experience preferred. Knowledge of regulatory standards and
compliance requirements. Knowledge and experience in the needs of
patients ranging in age from 18 to geriatric. Working knowledge and
ability to apply professional standards of practice in job
situations. Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent
writing and speaking skills. Working knowledge of personal computer
and software applications used in job functions (Word processing,
graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Physical Therapist AssistantRehab
OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Participates in or conducts company-wide
sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure
of patient's protected health information. Monitors and ensures
compliance with company policies, procedures, state and federal
regulations and Accreditation Standards.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears
appropriate identification while on duty.
- Adheres to all smoking or tobacco regulations established by
corporate building owners, state or federal laws.
Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements.
Maintains professional growth and development.
Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee
information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age
appropriate care to the patient population served.
Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding
notification of absence.
Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service skills to
patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other
individuals with whom they may come in contact.
Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety,
Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA
privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient
confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues
and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with
standards set forth in Code of Conduct, policy and procedures,
applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
Core Values:Professionalism -To always maintain the highest
standard and regard for others. Keep skills, competencies and
required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over
attitude and behavior and pride in appearance. Consistently
performs duties to the best of abilities.
Exceptional Care-Go above and beyond expectations by providing
exceptional care to WOW our customers-patients, family, physicians,
and each other.
Respect - Treating others as they would like to be treated; valuing
others. Acknowledges the worth of others through professional
greetings, proper telephone etiquette, patience, and common
Fun - Having fun and celebrating small successes in our journey to
achieve big. Always demonstrates a positive attitude toward work
and devotion to our passion and task at hand.
Teamwork -To function as a unit, with common goals, recognizing we
can achieve far more as a team than as individuals. Cooperates with
co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able
to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due.
Integrity - To always be honest and trustworthy in all our
relationships. Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical
code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right
Accountability - Responsibility of our actions that influence the
lives of our customers and fellow workers. Takes ownership of all
aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and
Responsibility - Maintains accountability by doing what is expected
or beyond; assuring the appropriate tasks and project items are
completed. Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through
reliable, timely performance and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in
emergency situations. Ability to work cooperatively as a member of
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working or
interacting with patients, their families and other staff
- Understands the principles of growth and development for the
entire lifespan and ability to provide care appropriate for adult
and geriatric patients as appropriate to the patient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or
employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Ability to function independently in all aspects, including
project identification, evaluation, contract negotiations, and
coordination with management and internal departments.
- Ability to represent the company in a confident, persuasive and
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under stress and respond quickly in emergency
Keywords: Everest Rehabilitation Hospital NWA, Rogers , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!