National Accounts Manager - Club & Mass
Company: The Jel Sert Company
Posted on: November 14, 2023
For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on
creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help
bring people together. In 2022, Jel Sert was certified as a Great
Place to Work! We are currently looking for a passionate and
dedicated individual to join our team as a NATIONAL ACCOUNTS
MANAGER - CLUB & MASS. If you are looking for a Great Place to
Work, with a work environment that encourages personal growth,
responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible
products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants
The Mass & Club National Account Manager is responsible for the
leadership and functional management of all sales-related
activities for Jel Sert brands and categories in the Mass & Club
The Mass & Club NAM requires strategic leadership strength with
exceptional business judgement, trade and category management
skills. Financial literacy is important and will come to life in
daily work through corporate budget planning, forecasting, dollar
and volume tracking and delivery of positive return on investment
throughout the fiscal year. The Mass & Club NAM will lead the
analysis of customer sales, category health and supply chain data
from order to cash. The Mass & Club NAM will design and implement
shopper marketing and promotional programs; customer
customer-specific assortment plans and ensure profitable innovation
is secured. The Mass & Club NAM will be responsible for continually
building relationships throughout all levels of the customer
hierarchy to create and lead customer plans that deliver mutually
beneficial objectives for both the customer and Jel Sert. These
mutually beneficial objectives include revenue and profit growth,
optimized product assortment and market share growth. Objectives
will be achieved through the everyday assortment, optimal
placement/shelving, strong seasonal merchandising, competitive
pricing and other promotions. The Mass & Club NAM will work closely
with internal and external partners to achieve objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to
- Defines strategic business objectives to maximize sales, share
growth, and enhance profitability at assigned customers and brand
- Responsible for the execution of strategies and goals as stated
in the company and team business plan.
- Effectively manages both volume and spending to deliver brand
- Develops and enhances Jel Sert brand portfolios at each
customer following established distribution, pricing, merchandising
and shelving objectives.
- Utilizes syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI) and customer sales data
(Retail Link, Madrid, POL, etc.) to provide fact-based analysis and
deliver business-building objectives.
- Provides internal direction and supportive communication to
deliver customer initiatives and high-quality customer
- Participates strategically and tactically with VP in the
development and management of the overall Mass & Club
- Creates customer solutions for Jel Sert products by impacting
assortment, placement, shelving, merchandising, pricing, promotion
and seasonal opportunities enabling profitable sales
- Provides thought leadership within the customer's category
driving both customer and Jel Sert objectives.
- Builds relationships and influence with customers to implement
solutions through insight-driven, fact-based selling.
- Holds broker partners accountable to outlined annual metrics
while providing support.
- Successfully leads, tracks and optimizes new product launches
with timely and effective execution to maximize customer impact in
- Bring creative innovation solutions to the marketing team that
meets customer needs or gaps.
- Proactively leads thought and solves customer problems
providing benefit to customer & Jel Sert.
- Ensures analytics are in place for both proactive and reactive
- Participates and represents The Jel Sert Company at local
community functions, conferences and seminars.
- Travel up to, but not limited to 25%:
- Corporate Meetings (Chicago)
- Market Visits (varies)
- Customer calls (as needed)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous Wal-Mart/Sam's Club account
- 6+ years of CPG food and /or beverage experience
- Proficient in Retail Link
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- College degree
- Must have excellent communication skills - oral and
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU - BENEFITS
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K ) & ROTH Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program with a comprehensive of emotional,
financial, physical, and social well-being programs.
- Continuous learning opportunities through various platforms and
PERKS OF WORKING AT JEL SERT!
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounts on our Delicious Products
- Health Club Member Reimbursement
- Interactive Company Culture with Engagement Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Company Philanthropy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to move distances (within and between) office
environments and travel environments
- Ability to travel in a vehicle (driving) or airplane for long
periods of time - 6 hours minimum
- Ability to speak clearly on the telephone
- Ability to sit for periods of time in front of a
- Ability to utilize hands during completion of job
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs - this could be luggage
during travel or product
Home & office environment - remote availability.
10 - 25% travel required
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This role is essential to the short-term and long-term success of
Jel Sert at Mass & Club accounts. With goals of maximizing
assortment, growing relationships at national accounts, aligning
customer and Jel Sert priorities and driving sustainable,
profitable sales growth, this individual will be an important
thought leader and results driver for our company.
Keywords: The Jel Sert Company, Rogers , National Accounts Manager - Club & Mass, Executive , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!