Company: EVEREST REHABILITATION HOSPITALS
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job DetailsLevelUndisclosedJob LocationArkansas Facility -
Rogers, ARRemote TypeN/APosition TypeFull TimeEducation
PercentageUndisclosedJob ShiftDayJob CategoryHealth
CareDescriptionThe following statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed and are not
intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required. SUMMARY:Under the supervision of the Chief
Clinical Officer the Nurse Manager will be responsible for
supervision of the clinical staff and supervision of the ancillary
medical service providers, the maintenance of quality patient care
in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and
accreditation standards. Promotes and restores patients' health by
developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the
patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating
with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs;
providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends,
and families. In the absence of the CCO, the Nurse Manager is
responsible for directing and supervising all nursing and ancillary
medical services. This includes interpreting policies and
procedures, standards and regulations, and adjusting staff for
adequate coverage. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May
include, but is not limited to the following:Job Specific
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and
enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital
and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care;
enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse
practice act requirements and to other governing agency
regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting,
and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Ensure continual delivery of high-quality nursing care
- Adopt and implement innovative nursing practices to improve our
- Recruit, select and guide nursing staff
- Ensure that nursing staff remains in compliance with
professional development and regulatory standards
- Maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment
- Mentor the Associate Nurse Manager, charge nurses and clinical
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning
nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling,
and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and
reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and
- Provides information to patients and health care team by
answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and
implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for
assistance from other health care professionals.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by
monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing
patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by
verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports;
identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving
requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Recommends and determines the sufficient number of staff to
provide services and defines qualifications, performance
expectations and competence of each person.
- Provides for orientation, in-service training, continuing
education, annual performance and competency reviews of department
personnel to ensure staff is competent to provide services.
- Participates in hospital and departmental performance
improvement activities to measure and assess the quality of
- Develops a positive image and relationship in the community and
serves as a visible advocate for the hospital in working with area
nursing programs, other healthcare institutions and community
- Collaborates with medical staff and other departments in
planning and organizing the implementation of clinical services and
programs as appropriate.
- Continually strives to achieve ongoing professional growth and
maintains personal competency.Organizational Effectiveness
- Participates with hospital leaders, governing board, medical
staff and clinical staff in developing the hospital's mission,
strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, operational plans
- Establishes credibility with patients, physicians, staff, and
colleagues through the continuation of excellent patient care and
the enhancement of clinical competencies across the organization as
- Develops, implements, and improves the care delivery model by
assessing quality and efficiency and leading appropriate change
that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Seeks experiences to advance one's skills and knowledge base
through such activities as education, certification, and
participation in professional organizations.JOB FUNCTIONS:STAFF
DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Assist and support in all human resources functions for nursing
and ancillary services including; hiring, firing, and disciplinary
action; maintains appropriate documentation and ensures compliance
with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Ensures that staffing levels and coverage are adequate to meet
patient care and regulatory requirements.
- Assumes managerial duties for performance evaluations and
maintains systems to provide regular feedback and evaluation for
- Works closely with supervisors and other ERH Leadership to
maintain positive patient care atmosphere.
- Assist the CCO in developing and implementing staff training
and development programs to meet continuing education and
contractual requirements and to further knowledge of medical care
and working team environment.PROGRAM PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Assist the CCO to provide overall direction and guidance for
nursing, respiratory and laboratory programs.
- Works closely with CCO, CMO, CEO, other Medical Providers and
Leadership as appropriate, to ensure that nursing program and
ancillary meet patient care and regulatory requirements. QUALITY
- Assist the CCO to provide Quality Management direction and
oversight for nursing and ancillary activities as appropriate.
- Actively participates in QAPI Committee meetings and ensures
that regular monitors are conducted and reported on;
- Leads and/or participates in various special projects teams to
address areas of concern.CLINICAL COMPLIANCE
- Assures that nursing and ancillary staff practice within their
individual scopes of practice.
- Participates in Nurse Staffing Committee maintaining current
P&P for nursing, RT and lab programs and ensures that they
comply with all regulatory and contract requirements.
- Participates in or conducts regular meetings with staff to
ensure full understanding and buy-in for all Policy &
- Participates as needed in all program, licensure and other
external audits and in the preparation of Corrective Action Plans
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience may substitute for education
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of practice. Current
Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification through the American Heart Association. License and
certifications must be maintained throughout employment. CRRN
- Minimum of three years' experience in direct patient care,
preferably in an IRF setting; Minimum of three years increasingly
responsible nursing management, experience preferably in an IRF
setting. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All Nursing and Respiratory and Laboratory departments OTHER
- Participates in or conducts company-wide sponsored training to
safeguard against improper use and disclosure of patient's
protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with
company policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and
Accreditation Standards.Company Specific
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears
appropriate identification while on duty.
- Adheres to all smoking or tobacco regulations established by
corporate building owners, state or federal laws.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements.
Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee
information to assure patient and/or employee rights are
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies
regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position.
- Consistently demonstrates superior customer service to
patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other
individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety,
Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA
privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient
confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues
and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with
standards set forth in Code of Conduct, policy and procedures,
applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.Core
Values:Professionalism - To always maintain the highest standard
and regard for others. Keep skills, competencies and required
licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude
and behavior and pride in appearance. Consistently performs duties
to the best of abilities.Exceptional Care- Go above and beyond
expectations by providing exceptional care to WOW our
customers-patients, family, physicians, and each other.Respect -
Treating others as they would like to be treated; valuing others.
Acknowledges the worth of others through professional greetings,
proper telephone etiquette, patience, and common courtesy.Fun -
Having fun and celebrating small successes in our journey to
achieve big. Always demonstrates a positive attitude toward work
and devotion to our passion and task at hand.Teamwork -To function
as a unit, with common goals, recognizing we can achieve far more
as a team than as individuals. Cooperates with co-workers while
performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success
and giving recognition where it is due.Integrity - To always be
honest and trustworthy in all our relationships. Demonstrates
adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of
duties by always seeking to do the right thing.Accountability -
Responsibility of our actions that influence the lives of our
customers and fellow workers. Takes ownership of all aspects of
duties shown through reliable, timely performance and
responsibility.Responsibility - Maintains accountability by doing
what is expected or beyond; assuring the appropriate tasks and
project items are completed. Takes ownership of all aspects of
duties shown through reliable, timely performance and
accountability.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:--- Excellent oral and
written communication and interpersonal skills.--- Basic computer
skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word-processing
and spreadsheet software.--- Knowledge of accreditation standards
and compliance requirements.--- Ability to demonstrate critical
thinking, appropriate prioritization and time management skills.---
Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency
situations. --- Ability to spend a limited amount of time on travel
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Free Breakfast
- Paid Time Off Donation Program
- Pay Day Advance Program
- Inclement Weather Bonus
- Flex Spending Accounts (coming soon)
- 401K DISCLAIMER:This description is designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work for this position. It is not
intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that
may be periodically assigned. Qualifications
Keywords: EVEREST REHABILITATION HOSPITALS, Rogers , Nurse Manager, Executive , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!