Manager - Software Engineering
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Title: Manager, Engineering IIntroduction:Toshiba Global
Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineering Manager who
will be responsible for leading a team of 5 to 15 direct reports,
including programmers and product architects, towards the
development and support of Toshiba strategic products for the
worldwide retail market.The candidate will be part of a
cross-functional team responsible for planning, developing, and
releasing the software solutions to the market. This will require
engaging with peers and stakeholders (including Product Owners,
Program Managers and Development managers) across all products to
plan and execute product delivery plans.This position requires
leadership experience and proven knowledge of software development
processes to drive team activities with the understanding of
requirements and business drivers for the new products and
solutions.The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for
ensuring our software products and offerings meet the highest
quality standards. This role will work closely with their direct
reports to achieve project goals and develop their team members
into highly skilled software engineers in all aspects of software
development.The Software Engineering Manager will ensure their team
follows our Software Development Life Cycle and drives the adoption
of best practices in a continuous improvement
environment.Candidates should have the ability to jump in and help
their software development team with hands-on
- Manage a team of software engineers (including hiring, managing
individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with
conflict, career building, coaching, and additional HR
- Execute as an individual contributor, senior leader, and
- Managing the delivery of quality software releases ensuring
product commitments are met with respect to quality, budget, and
- Solve complex production business critical problems in a
demanding software development environment.
- Participate and/or lead in agile ceremonies and planning as
- Work with software engineering management team to maintain and
improve development processes within the agile SDLC framework
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up
through management levels within the organization.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the
software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and
accountability for departmental and cross-functional teamsRequired
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience of software development
teams and projects.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Experience delivering and supporting business to business or
business to customer software.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills and great
attention to detail.
- Must be self-starter with the ability to coordinate work with
other team members.
- Experience with SDLC tools for requirements management,
configuration management, defect tracking and continuous
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Possess a level of comfort to work in the weeds with technical
software development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong collaborative and teamwork oriented skills.Preferred
- Management experience.
- Experience building client-facing software products, especially
- Point-of-sale or retail industry experience.About the
Company:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic
billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC,
providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you
ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes
Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.The nature
of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together
Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping
experience, lets get together to drive the new economy.Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and
generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
days EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation
because of a disability for any part of the employment process
should email email@example.com to request an
accommodation.DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:We at Toshiba Global
Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral
part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, were committed
to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as
highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster
Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and
Culture of Transparency). Were passionate about our customers the
retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help
create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Rogers , Manager - Software Engineering, Executive , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!