RN Case Manager
Company: Arkansas Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2022
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
POSITION SUMMARYThe RN Case Manager is a Registered Nurse who
oversees and participates in the provision of appropriate clinical
interventions and support to an assigned caseload of hospice
patients.QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Graduation from an accredited
school of nursing; BSN preferred.Experience: Minimum of one year
nursing experience in a hospital, home health agency, hospice, or
related program.Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in
Arkansas.Additional Requirements: Valid Arkansas driver's license,
personal automobile, automobile insurance, and personal cell phone
- Manages the patient care functions after the initial admission
and assignment to a designated RN Case Manager.
- Assists in the admission process as requested.
- Interprets, when necessary, Arkansas Hospice, Inc. policies and
procedures for nursing staff and others to assure understanding and
- Coordinates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team
members for the management of the plan of care on an ongoing basis
to meet patient./family needs..
- Updates the Plan of Care on an ongoing basis keeping other team
members current regarding the progress of the patient's physical
status and any changing needs for care.
- Facilitates effective written and verbal communication with
patients/families and other healthcare providers.
- Maintains communication with attending physician and community
organizations concerning resources for assigned
- Monitors pain and symptom control to assure optimal patient
- Coordinates CNA scheduling needs with Patient Care
Coordinator/Area Manager or designee.
- Initiates referrals for other hospice related care and
- Serves as a preceptor for nurses in orientation, students, and
- Reviews documentation of staff as directed; assures
documentation is complete, accurate, and timely according to
organizational policies and practice standards.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, case
conferences, care planning activities, and other committee meetings
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement
- Participates in community outreach activities to educate the
public about Arkansas Hospice, Inc. services.
- Coordinates and provides education on hospice and hospice
services for patients/families, other team members, and the
- Rotates on-call duty to provide 24-hour service to patients and
families as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
- Utilizes and models excellent customer service skills at all
times; seeks opportunities to assist patients, families and
co-workers; demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Accepts direction and follows instructions from supervisor;
seeks additional information as needed; works with minimal
- Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and
- Continually meets organizational standards for attendance and
punctuality; notifies supervisor in a timely manner when employee
will be absent or late for work.
- Attends all required meetings and in-services; seeks
opportunities for additional professional development activities as
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIESTHIS SECTION
DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS
POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY NOT BE COMPLETE
FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS
1. Knowledge of palliative care with emphasis on symptom control
associated with terminal illness.2. Knowledge of the holistic
approach toward patient care and the nursing process as it applies
to hospice patients and families.3. Knowledge and acceptance of
hospice philosophy and principles of care.4. Skill in organizing
and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.5. Ability to
recognize both positive and negative aspects of death and grief.6.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.7.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and other
customers.8. Ability to follow basic safety policies and
procedures.9. Ability to use good judgment and to maintain
confidentiality of information.10. Ability to work as a team
player.11. Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience
and dedication.12. Ability to accept direction and adhere to
policies and procedures.13. Ability to work in a fast-paced
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Arkansas Hospice, Inc., Rogers , RN Case Manager, Executive , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!