Director of Dining Services
Company: Primrose Retirement Communities
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Full-time; DaysMust have significant experience in Culinary for
Senior Living, Restaurant, Fine DiningIf you're passionate and
committed to the culinary craft and are looking for that work-life
balance that you've heard so much about, we may be your new home.
Primrose Retirement Communities are currently in 19 states with
over 40 properties. We are dedicated to our resident's quality of
life. Through the kitchen you will have the ability to influence
their state of mind and the joy they feel every day. This
responsibility is held in high regards and essential from our
chefs. Creativity and the willingness to adapt to our residents'
needs is a must.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITYAble to perform designated work and cleaning
routines for the dietary/kitchen department. Overall supervision
and responsibilities of Kitchen duties and staff including menu
planning, food orders, staff training and managing work
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensil
supplies and equipment assigned by the Manager or Owners.
- Follow established reporting protocol:
- Inform manager of supply and equipment needs.
- Any damaged fixtures, equipment, or repair needs.
- Unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to controlling insects, rodents or
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Work a rotating weekend schedule
- Attend any in-service educational programs recommended by the
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
Documentation of water, refrigerator and freezer temperatures
required by the state. Responsibility and making sure all state
Policies are followed
- Follow all Infection Control procedures
- Understand facility's fire and disaster plans and follow
established procedures during drills and actual emergencies
- Be knowledgeable of all federal, state, and facility's rules,
regulations, and policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties or special assignments as directed by
the Manager of Dietary Manager and/or other management
- Making sure all meal counts are done and followed each week and
- Education: High School diploma preferred.
- Experience: One (1) to Two (2) years previous institutional
dietary service preferred.
- Aptitude: Ability to read, write, understand and follow written
and oral instructions to follow recipe directions and diet orders
and work assignment
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent
- Able to handle a busy environment.
- Supervisor responsibilities over all employees. Able to give
direction and proper training of kitchen staff
- Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and
proper measuring for food preparation. Proper measuring for
chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Previous experience in menu preparation and ordering of
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity is required for various
work routines such as preparing food items, serving meal trays,
handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as willingness to
pick up shifts for ill calls. Physical Demands: Must be able to
reach, stoop, bend, carry and manipulate various food items.
Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs., using proper body
mechanics or available equipment to help. Physical activity
required throughout the shift.
- Exposure to temperature and humidity changes in the kitchen
such as: the area near or around the ovens, refrigeration, ranges,
dish washing machines.PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal
Keywords: Primrose Retirement Communities, Rogers , Director of Dining Services, Executive , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!