Senior Category Manager
Company: Lindt & Spr--ngli
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Position PurposeThe individual in this role will help Lindt
expand category influence, grow sales and deliver against category
management specific KPIs such as distribution, secondary placement
and best in class merchandising. This will be accomplished by
acting as a strategic partner for Walmart, providing best in class
shopper insights and analytics to maximize category
growth.Essential Job Functions/Key AccountabilitiesCategory
- Ensure expertise in customer strategy and shopper behavior
across relevant confection segments (impulse, gifting, dark
chocolate, indulgence, etc...) to influence business planning
initiatives and plans that mutually grow KPIs for Lindt and the
- Bring best in class shopper insights to Walmart, to influence
customer strategy and support Lindt initiatives.
- Support Lindt strategy and selling inititiatives through the
development of best in class selling stories that are specific to
the assigned retailer and can also be leveraged across channels.
This includes analyzing and synthesizing syndicated and shopper
data coupled with trend and shopper insight information.
- Act as a consultant and strategic partner to Walmart providing
unbiased recommendations to drive overall category growth.
- Develop strategic planogram recommendations, combining proven
merchandising theory, retailer case studies and Lindt strategy with
solid analysis to maximize category sales.
- Synthesize multiple data sources including POS, Panel and
Insights to craft compelling, concise and actionable selling
stories. Lead the creation of compelling category insights for
everyday line reviews, seasonal reviews and checklane reviews.
- Play a leadership role in conducting category management
reviews, analyzing business issues, and providing business insights
and recommendations in the areas of assortment, pricing, and
promotion to improve business results.
- Present analysis, trend information and category opportunities
directly to assigned retailer(s), building a strong relationship
directly with the buyer or retailer category manager to influence
retailer strategy and support Lindt business objectives.
- In collaboration with the Category team and specific Brand
Managers, lead the creation of seasonal and key inititiave selling
presentations contributing insights while also combining inputs
into a comprehensive selling story.
- Provide informal guidance and coaching to a team of category
managers (with varying levels of experience) to influence through
insight across a range of business and category reviews, both for
the everyday and seasonal businesses with the goal of maximizing
distribution opportunities, securing fair share of space -- both on
and off shelf, and optimizing merchandising to drive
Sales & Marketing Support
- Influence the development of strategic sales and category
action plans through the sharing of knowledge gained from past
experience. Help to establish priorities that are consistent with
Lindt and key account goals and objectives, market share and
overall category profitability.
- Actively participate in weekly team calls or meetings with
respective Sales managers and/or marketing team.
Research and Analysis
- Serve as the expert on Walmart by fully understanding shopper
motivations, mindsets, triggers and barriers through available
shopper insights and panel information.
- Be the information expert in the analysis of syndicated data,
household panel data, and customer point of sale data, leading to
key insights and business recommendations in the areas of item
distribution and assortment, pricing and promotion.
- Action Oriented -- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and
full of energy for things he/ she sees as challenging; not fearful
of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities
- Perseverance -- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a
need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the
face of resistance or setbacks.
- Intellectual Horsepower -- Is bright and intelligent; deals
with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as
intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Problem Solving -- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at
honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the
- Peer relationships -- Can quickly find common ground and solve
problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests
and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with
a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is incooperative;
easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration;
can be candid with peers.
- Decision Quality -- Makes good decisions (without considering
how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom,
experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and
suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over
time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy -- Relates well to all kinds of people --
up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
Position QualificationsSkills & Knowledge
- Advanced computer skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated success in cross functional work
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced,
- 5+ years Category Management and analytical
- 5+ years experience mining data systems, such as:
- IRI, Numerator, Nielsen Suite
- Retail Link
- 3+ years experience in leveraging Shopper Insights and
- Bachelors degree
- Masters Degree
Category Management certification Other Requirements
- Travel Required -20% of Time (Highly Seasonal)
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility
of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a
position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's
needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is
not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to
adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description.
The Company also retains the right to require all employees to
undertake additional or different job responsibilities when
necessary to meet business needs.
Lindt and Spr--ngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers
all qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin,
gender, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Lindt & Spr--ngli, Rogers , Senior Category Manager, Executive , Rogers, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!